Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My eventful flight to Hawaii

In December I moved to Wailuku ,Hawaii and it is absolutely amazing with wonderful warm weather and flowers that are beautiful beyond belief. My stay here so far has been uneventful and peaceful which is quite the opposite of the experience my flight getting here provided.

I made my reservations last minute in the holiday season so I had to use 3 different airlines. I flew Detroit to Denver, Denver to Seattle and Seattle to Hawaii.

We had about a 30 minute wait on the runway before the pilot announced that we would be the next to take off. Just as he began to taxi to the run way he made a second announcement that we would be delayed for maintenance. One of the electrical components had mysteriously gone out. We were delayed several hours and I had only 12 minutes when we landed in Denver to make it to the connecting flight so I ran most of the way. Once there I noticed a repair crew come on board and the stewardess announced that we would be delayed about an hour because one of the electrical components had mysteriously gone out.

Needless to say that I was happy that the Seattle flight to Hawaii had no delay and I arrived on time. The fact that 2 of the flights experienced the same electrical failure might have just been some freaky coincidence but it was definitely something that made me go Hmmm….

No comments:

Post a Comment